Day in the Life – 5/9/23

Happy Tuesday! One of my May goals is to make the most of my Tuesdays because they are my least busy at school and home. I decided to hold myself accountable last week and document a day in the life. Here it is.

My alarm goes off at 5:00 am. On this day, I hit the snooze button twice before I realized it. I hit it once more to wake up before I got out of bed.

I was up, contacts in, teeth brushed, and dressed heading downstairs at 5:33 to workout.

I am a member of the #hardcoreonthefloor Facebook group and am following the workout calendar posted there. I don’t do all the classes each day, but this morning I did two – a Barre core class and an arms and shoulders strength class. I also did my 100th Peloton class! Woohoo!!

I love my basement gym!

I headed back upstairs and made the bed before hopping in the shower. We ALWAYS make our bed. Some mornings I do it, some mornings Jeff does it, but our bed is made every single morning.

I was showered and dressed by 6:40 am. Then I looked down the hallway. One door was open and one was still closed, so I made sure both boys were up and moving.

If the boys are downstairs before me, they start their breakfast. If I am downstairs first, I make their breakfast. Today it was me. My guys like a bagel, eggs, a carnation, or toast for breakfast. I usually have a plan for my lunch before I go downstairs and pack my lunch while their eating.

I would love to leave the house by 7, but it rarely happens. This day I was heading down the driveway at 7:03. Not bad.

I have a La Croix every morning on the way to school. I listen to Today Show radio to catch the headlines in my 5-7 minute commute.

I head right into the library when I got to work. I turn on my twinkle lights and the overhead lights. I prop open all my doors so the library looks as welcoming as possible. When I got into my office, I stared at that desk for a minute. Whoa! It is most definitely on my to do list for the day.

We have a live news show five mornings a week and I am in charge of it. I set it up around 7:30. We ask a question every morning before the actual broadcast starts. The kids mostly run the show, but I do the set up each day.

I have this Wittitudes calendar on my desk from the favorite things party. I changed my calendar once the news was set. It was funny!

I love ice machine ice. I go to our cafeteria every single morning to fill my two Swigs. One for a diet soda and one for water. After the news ran, I sat down at my desk poured a soda, ate my breakfast Built bar, and got to work. I planned for next week, got all my copies together for this week, read a book, and worked on my sub plans for Friday.

On Mondays and Tuesdays, I listen to podcasts while I work at my desk. Today I was listing to Best of Both Worlds.

10:45, time to teach kindergarten. We are in the middle of a research project on anteaters. Here, we read three different books and database articles and decided which were the best to find answers to our questions. I taught the lesson to two classes, 30 minutes each.

I went to our team room for lunch at 11:45 and was back to my desk at 12:15. I had a bunch of 4th and 5th grade papers to check. Great news! The kids did a wonderful job!

I headed out to the circulation desk to run a few overdue reports and check in some books.

Then I put the finishing touches on the scripts for the news show this week.

I have outside bus duty a few afternoons a week. I love this duty. I get to be outside and say good bye to all the kids as they get on the bus.

I didn’t take a picture but I went back in to teach our after school learning program. It is Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays for about 8 weeks. This was the last week. I hopped in the car and dashed home for the afternoon running. Jack usually has swim, but today he and Jeff went to play golf.

When I get home, I always have Luke or Jack take my pictures so I can change into my comfy clothes.

The boys pack their lunches on days I have to stay after school for meetings or after school learning.

Time to change! It was a little chilly and I was thrilled to put my slippers on!

I started tackling my leftover to do list from the weekend and finishing up a little work from school.

I got an email from the library that I had a few books ready for pickup. Luke and I spent some time finding books and reading.

I forgot to take a picture of dinner and I don’t even remember what we had. But I cleaned up the kitchen after dinner and started investigating our dishwasher. It’s leaking again! The new one!!

It was cold and raining so I hopped on the treadmill for my evening run/walk.

I started the newest season of Emily in Paris. It’s great!!

While I was running, Luke was practicing his juggling.

Luke headed up for his shower and I worked on some pool membership stuff and my Currently blog post.

I was in bed and reading by 9:30.

I turned the lights out at 9:50 and read on my kindle until I fell asleep.

All in all, I had a productive Tuesday! Week one Tuesday goal complete! Here’s hoping today is just as productive if not more. I hope you enjoyed the day in the life post. I love reading them! Have a great day full of sunshine and books!

4 thoughts on “Day in the Life – 5/9/23

  1. Lisa says:

    Thanks for the Peloton workout inspiration! I haven’t done a workout for a while but was inspired by your workout stack today. I did the same instructors and it was fantastic! 🙌

  2. jgalvinwhite says:

    I love day in the life posts! I have one planned for Thursday. Looks like you had a great day. Awesome job getting up and getting the workout in. I bet the morning news is so fun. My kids loved that about elementary school. I love seeing what other teachers do throughout the day. Im sorry about your dishwasher! Yikes.

Leave a Reply