A Day In The Life…

I love the blog posts when people share a day in their life. I decided to give it a shot two Thursdays ago. We had a busy day and I thought I’d share it with you. Enjoy!

My alarm went off at 5:30 am. I try really hard to go to bed by 10 pm so I can get 7 hours of sleep.


I was definitely not ready to get up and moving, so I hit the snooze button a few times and finally got out of bed at 6:14. That meant that my morning was going to be a little rushed! I air dry my hair after a shower so that saves a lot of time in my morning. Confession, I have very few hair doing skills!



Luckily the kids were up a little early and got themselves ready to go pretty easily. We headed out the door at 6:58 and were ready for a great day of school!


I have morning duty on Thursday mornings. I stand right here and welcome all the kiddos to school. I love this duty!! I get to say good morning and have sweet conversations with kids as they pass by.


On Thursdays, I teach a fifth grade and two fourth grade classes in a row.  The fifth graders were learning how to use a new database and start some their space research.


The fourth graders are getting ready to do my favorite 4th grade research project.  They are learning about U.S. National Parks.  I love The Camping Trip that Changed America by Barb Rosenstock as an introduction.  Did you know that every 4th grader in the United States is eligible for a free pass for them and their families to visit national parks, federal lands and waters, and national forests??? All the details are here. I share this information with all of my 4th grade families!


I got to teach my favorite 4th grader today!  We are planning to incorporate some east coast national parks in our summer vacations next year!



We are preparing for author Karma Wilson to visit school so I read some Bear books with my third graders and kindergarteners.  I love her books and so do my students. Our local bookstore, A Likely Story, partners with our school to bring authors to our students and I think this may be our biggest one yet!


I had a bunch of planning time in the afternoon and I love my Erin Condren teacher planner! They redesigned it this year and it is absolutely perfect for what I need!


I am trying to drink more water, but I do love an ice cold Diet Coke in the afternoon for a little pick me up. I may also have a little pen problem. I admit it, I love pens!


We had our school wide Dance-A-Thon the next day and each team of teachers dresses up like a music group or song.  The Specials team decided tor dress up for the Baby Shark song. I put the finishing touches on my shirt (hot glue and glitter).

Then I headed into the gym to help set up the lights and get it ready for the students to dance tomorrow. The black lights made my new Lilly romper glow. I always love all the bright colors.


Our fantastic PE teacher, Brandy, was playing some music and the boys started to do the field day dances from last year.  It was pretty cute.


We headed home and I hopped on the treadmill to keep my mile-a-day or more streak alive (day 649). The boys got their homework done while I ran – hooray for independence!


Thursday evenings are usually pretty busy for us. Jack has baseball practice at the same time that Luke has soccer practice. And they are at two different locations in town.  Luckily, there are three families with the big brother on the baseball team and the little brother on the soccer team so they help me out tons on nights when Jeff’s working.  Tonight was a little different because Luke’s team was going to the high school soccer game together.  I took the little brothers to the game and my friend Karen was going to take Jack and her son to baseball practice.  It started raining and baseball was cancelled so we all hung out at the soccer game for a bit.


It started raining pretty hard and thundered so we beat feet outta there pretty quickly and headed home.


Everyone was wet so we got in our pajamas asap! We put away some laundry and snuggled together on my bed to keep watching the newest version of Freaky Friday.  It is a musical version on the Disney Channel.


I had everyone in bed at 7:47 and headed downstairs to do a little blogging and reading.


Jeff came home and we watched the US – Colombia soccer game.


I headed up to bed to read and doze off at 9:45.


Well, there you have it.  A day in the life of Sarah on a Thursday.  Enjoy!


Leave a Reply